Scope of Application
- Contracts for accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph.
Application for Accommodation Contract
Article 2. – A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
- Name of the Guest(s).
- Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival.
- Accommodation charges (based in principle on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No. 1); and
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply where it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
Article 4. – The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- When the Hotel is fully booked and there is no vacancy.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct themselves in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to their accommodation.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease.
- When the Hotel is unreasonably burdened by the Guest.
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of facilities and/or other unavoidable causes.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by Guest
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel.
- If the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable, the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 2.
- If the Guest does not appear by 7:00 PM of the accommodation date without advanced notice (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified), the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contract by the Hotel
Article 6. – The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
- When the Guest is deemed liable for conduct and/or has conducted themselves in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to their accommodation.
- When the Guest can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease.
- When the Hotel suffers from an unreasonable burden from the Guest while the Guest is present in the Hotel.
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure.
- When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, tampers with fire-fighting equipment and otherwise breaches Hotel Regulations stipulated by the Hotel.
Article 7. – The Guest shall register the following particulars at the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation:
- Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s).
- Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan (this does not apply to Japanese nationals and permanent residents of Japan).
- Date and estimated time of departure.
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3:00 PM on the day of arrival until 10:00 AM on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed upon by the Hotel. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy the guest room all day, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the guest room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall apply as follows:
- 1) Up to 3 hours: 30% of the daily room charge.
- 2) Up to 6 hours: 50% of the daily room charge.
- 3) More than 6 hours: 100% of the daily room charge.
Observance of Hotel Regulations
Article 9. – The Guest shall observe the Hotel Regulations established by the Hotel. Hotel Regulations are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
- The business hours of the Hotel main facilities are as follows:
The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable circumstances of the Hotel. In such cases, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
- 1) Service hours of the Front Desk, cashier, etc.: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- 2) Service hours for eating and drinking facilities:
- a) Breakfast seating: 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM (Suzuna Restaurant)
- b) Dinner seating: 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM (Suzuna Restaurant)
- 3) Service hours for other facilities (shop, etc.): 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM
Payment of Accommodation Charges
- Accommodation charges incurred by the Guest shall be payable to the Hotel in Japanese currency, including cash, credit card, coupons and gift certificates.
- Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for them by the Hotel.
Liabilities of the Hotel
- The Hotel shall compensate the guest for damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- The Hotel has a Certificate of Approved Fire Safety Standards. The Hotel is also covered by Hotel Liability Insurance to cover unexpected fire and/or other disasters.
Handling When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
- The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel will not compensate the Guest.
Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of Guest
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before their arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to store it only in the case when such a request has been accepted from the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the Front Desk at the time of their check-in.
- When the baggage or belongings of the Guest are found after check-out and ownership of the article is confirmed, the Hotel staff shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no such instructions are given to the Hotel by the owner or when ownership is not confirmed, the Hotel shall retain the article for 7 days including the day of discovery, after which the item shall be reported to the nearest police station for appropriate disposal.
Liability in Regard to Parking
Article 15. – The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage caused through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regards to the management of the parking lot.
Attached Table No. 1 : Calculation Method for Accommodation Charges (Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2 and Paragraph 1 of Article 11)
|Total amount to be paid by the Guest
||1. Basic Accommodation Charge (room charge including breakfast & dinner).
||2. Additional meals, drinks & other expenses.
||(a) Consumption tax & (b) hot springs tax ¥150
Liability of the Guest
Article 16. – The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for damage caused through intent or negligence on part of the Guest.
Attached Table No. 2 : Cancellation Charge for Hotel (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 5)
|Date when Cancellation of Contract is noticed:
||1 day prior to Accommodation Day:
||2 to 6 days prior to Accommodation Day:
|% of Total Charges for the Scheduled Reservation